Important Announcement Regarding Construction
Owano Street in front of the school will be CLOSED during times of bus drop-off and pick-up. Cars that are temporarily parked on Owano Street will not be allowed to leave the street when buses are present:
- CLOSED – Only Bus Traffic Allowed 7:30 a.m. to 7:50 a.m.
- CLOSED – Only Bus Traffic Allowed 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- DO NOT attempt to drive up to the main entrance during bus times. Student drop off during those times will require parents to park in Lot A (see below) and walk their child(ren) to the school or to the crossing guard that will be on the corner of Antigo Street (HWY 45/47) and Owano Street.
All parking will need to occur in the town lots east of the post office located between Elcho, Owano, Dorr and Elmo Streets. (Noted as Lot A and Lot B)
- No access or parking on the north side of the building – where Elcho Street and Antigo Street meet - due to construction vehicles. Public Library parking on Owano Street. (See above for times it is closed.)
- No parking near the tennis courts on Owano Street.
- The entire area behind the building will be fenced off for construction purposes.
- After hours parking could still occur in the limited-term slots on the one-way section of Owano Street. However, buses for events will still need to travel through that street for drop off and pick up. Parking should not occur in non-designated areas, regardless of the time of day.
The playground will be CLOSED throughout the construction project. Please talk to your students/children about the safety concerns related to a construction project and make sure they know that they should never try to go inside of the fenced-off areas to play.
Please be aware of your surroundings while driving near our school.
Thank you for helping us keep our children safe.
Building Project Updates: April 21, 2017
Ground Breaking Ceremony.pdf
Date of Referendum: November 8th, 2016
Baird Financial Presentation.pdf
Preliminary Floor Plans.pdf
Springsted Inc. Community Survey Conclusions.pdf
Community Task Force Members.pdf
Upcoming Informational Meetings.pdf
New Building Drawings and Referendum Information.pdf
Northern Lakes Conference Art Show
May 8-12th Open Daily 8am-6pm
On May 9th, 2017 all of our 7th grade students went to a career expo at Nicolet College. 30 local venders like Ripco, Ponsse, WPS, Walgreens, etc. had booths for students to do fun activities to get them interested in careers in their business.
Thanks to the Healthy Kids Grant from the Community Health Foundation, Ms. Schoepke's K-2 Multiage classroom was able to purchase yoga/stability ball chairs, 2 desk pedals, a mini trampoline, and "bouncy bands" for 6 of our chairs.
The Elcho School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability. as required by Section 118.13 of the statutes. This policy also prohibits discrimination as defined by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (sex), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (race and national origin) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (handicap).